create a resource page for the Social and Emotional Skills of an 24-36 month old (3 pages per age group) explaining developmental milestones, children’s characteristics and needs, potential influences on growth and learning, characteristics of the learning environment and roles the teacher plays in promoting a healthy, supportive, respectful and challenging environment. Include a representative picture for the age and domains. Cite essentials of development theory and research related to the age or developmental domain. Reference at least three professional references APA style.
Reflect on overall information about how to facilitate language development in two year old’s. Be sure to use the attached rubric to include all of the required components. This should be at least two paragraphs, the first paragraph should describe and examine your thoughts, feelings and learning related to the topic (be sure to give specific examples). The second paragraph should give specific examples of how this will impact your work with young children and their families.
Please describe what you think are essential characteristics of an effective educator. Please address each of the following points in your response:
• Respect for the needs of students, parents and others who are involved in the educational process;
• Belief that all students can learn;
• Respect for diversity of culture, background socio-economic status and academic needs.
To meet the learning needs of students with disabilities, a collaborative group including paraprofessionals, teaching assistants, teachers with different levels of specified training, and special education leaders must be assembled.
Review the information on the United States Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook for Special Education Teachers.
In 250-500 words, describe some of the various roles of special education teachers. Provide at least two examples of people with whom they might collaborate. Additionally, describe the role that special education teachers have as advocates for students with disabilities.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Purpose: To examine, compare and contrast the theories that have come to influence the field
of early education.
General Format Guidelines:
1. Students will compare and contrast the beliefs of two of the theorist that were
discussed in course content. Could include but not limited to:
Jean Jacques Rousseau
2. Students will give a general overview of the theorist’s ideas and how they have come to
affect the field of early childhood education. (Approx. 400 words)
3. Based on their ideas and theories connect them to your own beliefs. How do they
support or do not support your own developing pedagogical ideas. (Approx. 600 words)
e.g. hands on learning, learning through play, the social context of learning and learning
related to the environment.
4. This assignment must be written in paragraph format and referenced using the APA
standards for writing.
Students will write a course paper on the stages of language development and the POLL strategies. The paper will be 2-3 pages, APA format, and include a reference page.
The course paper includes 3 Parts.
• Part I: Description of the Topic, including citations, focused on the “What”. Describe what you know about the stages of language development, the POLL strategies, and teaching approaches that support emergent literacy. Cite readings, webinars, and videos from the course.
• Part II: provide an overall reflection of “how” POLL strategies can support language development and emergent literacy.
• Part III: Discuss one course topic covered this semester that was new, provided a new perspective, changed your perspective, and/or influence your thoughts, feelings about supporting the language development of young children in classroom settings.
Please only use these links and attachments as resources for citations:
This assignment requires providing an annotation on the reading (please be specific on the passage these annotations are for)
Part 1 – Reading Annotation #2: Introduction to Personalized Oral Language Learning (POLL) Strategies
For each topic, select 1 passage that is interesting, highlight it, and provide a 1-3 sentences on the key points, any questions or connections you made with the information.
Part 2 – Reading Annotation #3: POLL Strategies Part 2
For each section, select 3 strategies and provide 1-3 sentences on the key points, any questions or connections you made with the information
Provide a detailed explanation about systematic synthetic phonics and how the early development of this can be supported in the early year’s environment to help children with the skills for school readiness.
Examples of this are –
Letters and sounds
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED WORD DOCUMENT FOR THIS PAPER ASSIGNMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW CRITERIA RUBRIC OF HOW THIS PAPER SHOULD FOLLOW.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW
REMEMBER THIS IS IN REGARDS TO A SCHOOL POLICY HANDBOOK FOR THE PARENTS POLICIES
Please see original Activity plan and web curriculum domain word documents
***Instructions are on the word document Assignment Activity Plan Language Domain.
See the examples attached.
***You will create a new Activity plan in regards to the Language domain as you see in the Example Activity plan for this
****In the activity web identify I have listed three ideas for the social -emotional domain. Use one of those ideas for this activity plan assignment!
****Using the theme, age group, and month I identified in my original activity plan. KEEP THE Topic of study/Sub-topic the same.