Kindly respond to the following discussion post.
250words, APA format, 1-2 references
The plan to tackle the issue of non compliance to HIPPA, regarding patients having access to their own patient data, included questionnaires to gather where breakdowns occurs, and attacking those areas of weakness to remove barriers and realize compliance. “The study revealed that there are discrepancies in the information provided to patients regarding the medical records release processes and noncompliance with federal and state regulations and recommendations.” (Lye et al., 2018). In the plan we identified and pulled together a team who’s members are in the position to analyze the data, and then have the authority to enact policies. Educational needs were identified, and the managers needed to create, deliver, and assess staff’s knowledge base are also included on the team. The questions used in the exit questionnaire to identify and resolve non compliance are an excellent Quality Improvement tool, as they provide an ongoing quantitative and qualitative surveillance of the issue. As the policies are placed and staff educated, new exit interview should show a systemic progression toward compliance, and identify new challenges that require attention.
This would be an excellent tool to use where I work. I, myself, am not clear on the procedure of where to direct patients for their records. Furthermore, with facilities having 30 days to provide records, patients wanting to review medical information during their hospital course to aid in decision making is not addressed. I would include in facility policy that includes the HIPPA requirement, of providing records within 30 days, and include a flagging mechanism for patients who need the information on a more urgent timeline.
Lye, C. T., Forman, H. P., & Gao, R. (2018, October). Assessment of US Hospital Compliance With Regulations for Patients’ Requests for Medical Records. JAMA Network Open, 1(6), . 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.3014
Forum Nursing role in practice based on scientific evidence, technology and improvement model (PDSA)
The DNP Project: Information Technology
The discussion for this week is focused on informational technology.
– Please discuss the importance of IT in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of your DNP Project.
– How important will IT competencies be to the role/position that you aspire to after completion of your DNP degree?
– What IT skills do you need to develop? Share your plan for professional development to develop these skills.
– Provide your instructor and student colleagues with an update on your implementation plans for your DNP Project. Share any successes, challenges, or barriers you experienced this week.
– When posting, please first share your PICOT question in question format and then respond to the weekly question. This will help us all to be able to provide quality feedback in these weekly discussions.
Your post will be checked in Turnitin for plagiarism. Responses should be a minimum of 350 words, scholarly written, APA formatted, and referenced. A minimum of 3 references are required (other than your text).
*Attached are: The PICOT question, the implementation plan and some references used before.
Evidence suggests that patients do better when their expectations about specific benefits of nursing care are discussed and met. Design a “comfort contract” whereby patients or their surrogates designate an expected level of postsurgical overall comfort, and also where they can specify chronic discomforts and interventions that they use at home for relief.
More than 450 words
Review the Disease Card Assignment List and complete the disease card Template for EACH DISEASE. Each Disease card must have the appropriate references utilized by the student.
1. Psychosocial 2. Down Syndrome 3. Agoraphobia 4. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) 5. Autism spectrum disorders (autism) 6. Anxiety Disorders 7. Acute stress disorder (ASD) 8. Anorexia nervosa. 9. Antisocial personality disorder 10. Amnesia—Pathological 11. Borderline personality disorder 12. Bulimia nervosa. 13. Binge-eating disorder (BED)—This 14. Obesity 15. Conversion disorder 16. Delirium 17. Dementia 18. Depression Disorders 19. Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD) 20. Dissociative identity disorder (DID)—Previously 21. Panic disorder 22. Obsessive–compulsive disorder 23. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) 24. Prodromal syndrome 25. Premenstrual dysphoric disorder 26. Dissociative disorders depersonalization derealization Dissociative fugue Dissociative amnesia 27. Personality disorders Paranoid Personality, Antisocial Personality, Avoidant Personality, Schizoid Personality, Borderline Personality, Dependent Personality, Schizotypal Personality, Histrionic Personality, Narcissistic Personality 28. Substance use disorders 29. Alcohol dependence (alcoholism) Wernicke encephalopathy, Korsakoff syndrome 30. Bipolar disorder 31. Major depressive disorder. 32. Munchausen disorder 33. Schizophrenia 34. Tourette’s disorder
ETIOLOGY/ RISK FACTORS
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
PROGRESSION & COMPLICATIONS
PRIORITY NURSING DIAGNOSES
Identification and Evaluation of Literature for Proposed Intervention – Part Il
Please follow and use the attached Rubric to complete the assignment
This is the Part II of identifying primary research articles that support the intervention for your proposed DPI Project.
Use revised “Literature Evaluation Table – DPI Intervention” from Topic 2 to complete this assignment.
Refer to “Levels of Evidence in Research,” ATTACHED.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide.
Using your “Literature Evaluation Table – DPI Intervention” from Topic 2, make the changes or revisions specified in the instructor feedback and complete the final table.
The final table must include:
Table 1: Five primary quantitative research articles that support your intervention. Two of the articles must come from the United States or Canada. Three additional articles from any of the following countries: United Kingdom, Denmark, India, New Zealand, Germany, or Australia.
Table 2: Ten primary or secondary quantitative research studies that provided additional support for your intervention or some aspect of your intervention. These four articles may come from any of the 133 countries listed on the “International Compilation of Human Research Standards.”
Table 3: The nursing and change theory you selected from DNP-815A.
Table 4: The clinical guidelines that align to the DPI Project, if applicable. Include the primary quantitative research in Table 1.
You will use the articles and information from your DNP-820A – Literature Evaluation Table in Topic 6, where you will write a synthesis of the literature. Be sure to review all instructor feedback for this assignment and make any necessary changes or revisions.
1. Based on how you will evaluate your EBP project, which independent and dependent variables do you need to collect? Why?
2. Not all EBP projects result in statistically significant results. Define clinical significance, and explain the difference between clinical and statistical significance. How can you use clinical significance to support positive outcomes in your project?
For both questions requires 250 to 300 words, with at least 2 reference
In this assignment, students will pull together the capstone project change proposal components they have been working on throughout the course to create a proposal inclusive of sections for each content focus area in the course. For this project, the student will apply evidence-based research steps and processes required as the foundation to address a clinically oriented problem or issue in future practice.
Develop a 2,500-3,000 written project that includes the following information as it applies to the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need profiled in the capstone change proposal:
Clinical problem statement.
Purpose of the change proposal in relation to providing patient care in the changing health care system.
Literature search strategy employed.
Evaluation of the literature.
Applicable change or nursing theory utilized.
Proposed implementation plan with outcome measures.
Discussion of how evidence-based practice was used in creating the intervention plan.
Plan for evaluating the proposed nursing intervention.
Identification of potential barriers to plan implementation, and a discussion of how these could be overcome.
Appendix section, for evaluation tools and educational materials, etc. are created.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
The discussion for this week is focused on informational technology. attached are the instructions..
1) How often do you engage with or witness death in your work? How has this experience or the lack of it shaped your view of death? Has it gotten easier or harder for you to accept the fact of death? As you explain, include your clinical specialty. (150 – 300 words)
2) Reflect on the analysis of the sin of suicide and, thus, euthanasia from the topic readings. Do you agree? Why or why not? Refer to the lecture and topic readings in your response. (150 – 300 words)
Based on “Case Study: End of Life Decisions,” the Christian worldview, and the worldview questions presented in the required topic Resources you will complete an ethical analysis of George’s situation and his decision from the perspective of the Christian worldview.
1,500-2,000-word ethical analysis while answering the following questions: (APA style, 3 references)
a) How would George interpret his suffering in light of the Christian narrative, with an emphasis on the fallenness of the world?
b) How would George interpret his suffering in light of the Christian narrative, with an emphasis on the hope of resurrection?
c) As George contemplates life with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), how would the Christian worldview inform his view about the value of his life as a person?
d) What sorts of values and considerations would the Christian worldview focus on in deliberating about whether or not George should opt for euthanasia?
e) Given the above, what options would be morally justified in the Christian worldview for George and why?
f) Based on your worldview, what decision would you make if you were in George’s situation?