In this paper you will compare two health promotion interventions targeting the same health issue.
Search the library and find two articles that evaluate health promotion programs that have similar goals (Example: Both have the goal of controlling hypertension).
Identify the strategies, theories and settings that the program used.
Which health behavior are the programs aiming to change?
Why is the health behavior significant? (incidence & prevalence of issues that could occur due to health behavior)
Detail how each of the 2 programs were implemented
Compare the impact and outcomes of the two programs
Critique the two programs/interventions
5-7 pages content double-spaced, APA, title page, reference page
Access the national Social Marketing Center website
Browse through the collection of case studies provided in the show case page , familiarize yourself of a range of case studies provided in the show case page.
Choose one of the scenarios listed below (A-D) to develop your Case Study in a 4-5 pages APA format in addition to a title and a references page.
To develop your social marketing case study, you need to address the following outline
Please review the assignment rubric, writing and referencing instructions detailed in the course outline document.
Keep in mind that the sample provided in Brightspace is not blueprint. You need to adhere to the assignment instructions.
The absenteeism rate at the local hospital has been steadily increasing and is the highest on Mondays. You are consulting with the hospital manger to help reduce the absenteeism through a social marketing campaign.
There have been 15 injuries in the past year on the campus of Bachman Middle School. You are consulting with the school to reduce the incidence of such injuries and to develop a social marketing program.
The Social Workers of the Department of Children and Families have complained about work stress and burnout. You are consulting with the director to investigate this issue and develop a social marketing program.
The employees at the Pharmaceutical Company are often taking breaks to go outside t smoke cigarettes. There is conflict between the smokers and non-smokers regarding breaks, productivity and equity. You are consulting with the management regarding this issue to develop a social marketing program.
Briefly compare commercial marketing and social marketing highlighting the value of social marketing in health promotion for your particular case study.
Write a description of your proposed formative research to assess the problem using at least one quantitative and one qualitative data collection method (survey, focus groups, key informants, etc.)
Outline the stages of organizational change particular to this case
Describe the possible obstacles and how you might overcome them
Describe the strengths of the organization that will enable the change
Describe some possible communication channels you will use.
How would you segment an audience for a large industrial worksite fitness program? How would you identify those who need the services the most?
Use the Four P’s to outline your social marketing campaign.
In this assignment, you will address a public health issue in the priority population identified in
your previous Cultural Health Barriers-Risks Paper Assignment, offering culturally appropriate
content and methods as a solution to mitigate identified health barriers and risks. The solution
must be practical and acceptable to the population. Use what you’ve learned in this course to
inform this. The student will research the condition and the contributing cultural determinants
and then develop a program proposal to address it. The proposal must include goals, SMART
objectives, and a preliminary budget to implement the program. The budget should be presented
in a tabular format identifying expected start-up expenses and identifying potential funding
sources. The good news is that the Liberty Health Mission Board recognizes your dedication to
excellence and has offered $10,000 to each project to help the initiatives! It isn’t much, but it is a
start. (Remember the parable of the talents.) Invest wisely and leverage your investment to
advance your agenda. A good program evaluation strategy is always a part of funding requests. It
will provide the core to the project report generated to maintain accountability to the donor
organizations—so, include one. This assignment will be an actual test of the student’s ability to
demonstrate competence on all course outcomes. The grade will be determined by a combination
of the written and oral components.
The final solution will be presented as a 12–15-slide PowerPoint presentation with
presentation notes. Each notes section at the bottom of each slide must be 250–350 words
in length. Assume that you will be presenting the PowerPoint to your potential partners.
Create an original video presentation of this project. Record a video of you presenting the
PowerPoint. The video must be 10-15 minutes.
For this discussion, you will analyze a case study in public health from the textbook Master of Public Health Competencies: A Case Study Approach edited by Santella. Please review the following case study from this text:
● Chapter 10: Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Priority Setting and Resource Management Process.
This case study was based on real public health initiatives. Therefore, your engagement in this discussion will help you hone workforce-related skills for public health practice.
For your initial/main post, please address all of the following questions:
● Basic Principles and Tools of Public Health Finance:
○ If you were the chair of the SAP Committee or chair of the Planning Council, what steps would you take to ensure all members (ranging from consumers without formal education to physicians and other providers) understand the basic budget principles and resource allocation/management processes?
○ Within the informational resources or training provided to the membership, what concepts would you cover?
■ Note: Outline at least two (2) basic principles of financial and resources management. For each principle, explain at least one (1) basic tool that could be used for financial and resources management in public health.
■ Suggested format:
● Basic Principle 1: Details of corresponding tool 1.
● Basic Principle 2: Details of corresponding tool 2.
● Strategic Financial and Resources Management:
○ What strengths and weaknesses can you identify for the budget and resource allocation/management process done by the Nassau–Suffolk Ryan White Planning Council?
○ What strategic management tools would you use to analyze this situation? Please explain.
○ How would you address weaknesses through the effective/efficient management of resources? Provide an example based on the case study.
● Negotiating and Mediating Conflicts:
○ How would you manage the conflicts of interest that arise when providers and consumers try to influence a vote on allocations to meet their own needs? Explain how you would mediate these differing goals to arrive at a common conclusion.
○ In McCarthy and Hay’s (2015) Advanced Negotiation Techniques, four mantras of negotiation were detailed. How would you apply these mantras to managing conflicts during negotiations in public health? Which mantra is most important to addressing the conflict of differing goals (in your opinion), and how would this mantra help negotiations arrive at a common conclusion? To be clear, McCarthy and Hay’s (2015) negotiation mantras were:
■ Negotiation Mantra 1: Negotiation Is Perceptual, Not Factual
■ Negotiation Mantra 2: Clear Yourself of Emotion and Be Pragmatic
■ Negotiation Mantra 3: Negotiation Is Cooperative, Not Competitive
■ Negotiation Mantra 4: Rapport First, Understanding Second
In all posts, please make certain to include in-text citations and a reference list.
2 pages, APA STYLE