You work for a metal fabrication company that has a trustworthy system for anonymously reporting accounting improprieties within the company. It has a clear policy that favors internal reporting. Should a whistleblower be allowed to bypass that system and go straight to law enforcement officials?
1. Why should people care about password security?
2. Can computer hacking be justified under extraordinary circumstances. Imagine that you will have to break into a neighbor’s car in order to drive a friend, who will otherwise die, to the hospital. You are morally obligated to save a person’s life when it is in your power to do so. You are also obligated to obey the law, which forbids breaking into someone’s motor vehicle. How would your decision in this case be similar or different from determining whether to break into the computer database containing the medical information needed to save someone’s life? Research HIPPA. How would this effect your decision, or would it? Can this be justified in a court of law. See if you are able to find similar cases in regard to computer hacking.
3. What is cyberstalking? Research cyberstalking/harassment by communication laws in your state. What would you do, if anything to improve the laws. There are 3 states that currently do not have laws. If you live in one of those states please choose a state to research. Find a case from your state.
In order to complete assignment #7 you will need to answer the below questions. Please complete the questions in a Word document and then upload the assignment for grading. When assigning a name to your document please use the following format (last name_Assignment #7). Use examples from the readings, lecture notes and outside research to support your answers. The assignment must be a minimum of 3-full pages in length with a minimum of 3-outside sources. Please be sure to follow APA guidelines for citing and referencing source. Assignments are due by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Sunday.
A break from the OPM case this week.
1) What is cyberstalking? Research the Megan Meier case. Do you agree with the ruling?
At the time of the Megan Meier suicide, the state of Missouri had the below laws:
SB 0758 – Revises Law Relating to Computer Crimes
565.090 – Includes reference to communications by any means in crime of harassment.
565.225 – Revises definition of “credible threat” relating to crime of stalking to include certain written, electronic or telephonic communications, or certain postings of a site or message.
SB 0070 and SB 255 – Prohibits certain fraudulent use of the Internet effective August 28, 2001
SCS/SBs 70 & 255 – This act prohibits a person from operating an Internet website which causes another person’s computer to dial a telephone number for which a charge is assessed without the other person’s consent. A violation is a Class A misdemeanor unless the long distance charges exceed five hundred dollars, in which case the violation is a Class C felony. The act provides for venue where the victim resides or where the crime occurred. This portion of the act is similar to SB 70.
The act also adds electronic mail messages as a method by which a person may commit the crime of harassment, and prohibits the use of electronic mail to send obscene or indecent commercial messages. This provision is similar to SB 255
Do you think that they should have used these laws to prosecute Drew?
1. What is the need for encryption? Is it a good idea for an organization to buy encryption software that uses “secret” algorithms?
2. How might our understanding of cybersecurity and cybercrime be enhanced?
3. Research corporate espionage. Has corporate espionage been affected by cybertechnology? Be specific.
4. Cybercriminal communicate with one another all over the world. What problems do issues of jurisdiction pose for understanding and prosecuting crimes committed in cyberspace?
In order to complete assignment #8 you will need to answer the below questions. Please complete the questions in a Word document and then upload the assignment for grading. When assigning a name to your document please use the following format (last name_Assignment #8). Use examples from the readings, lecture notes and outside research to support your answers. The assignment must be a minimum of 3-full pages in length with a minimum of 3-outside sources. Please be sure to follow APA guidelines for citing and referencing source. Assignments are due by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Sunday.
1) Finally, we have reached the conclusion of the OPM court case. The suspects were all found guilty and they all agreed to name the Central Government of China as the organization behind the attack. We need to consider what is the best steps going forward. If we publicly name the Chinese government as the culprits, what type of fall out can we expect. Is CyberWar a possibility? Will there be a technological arms race, along the lines of the Cold War, in new tech, such as quantum computing, etc. Or will we see a series of low level attacks via, IoT, social engineering, etc. Discuss how you would see each of the scenarios playing out.
2) Is it always best to name and shame, or does international relations restrict that approach?
Attached is an example of what the final paper should look like and the work conducted so far. Use to complete the final paper.
ABSTRACT AND FINAL RESEARCH PAPER
An abstract is a condensed version of a longer piece of writing that highlights the major points covered, concisely describes the content and scope of the writing, and reviews the writing’s contents in abbreviated form. In short, it should be a brief paragraph that summarizes what you will research and why it is important, usually between 100 and 250 words in length with pertinent references.
How to Write an Abstract in APA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ia-ambBXk
APA Format for Cover Pages and Abstracts
Summary and Conclusions:
In this final section of your paper, the research process is concluded. You should provide a summary of your research based on the Research Questions or Hypothesis, Problem Statement, Purpose, Significance (those items noted in the Introduction section), and how you will address the items in the Introduction section with the selected Research Design (Methodology). It is in this section of the paper that the contributions to knowledge, in the realm of theory, are fully developed and described. This section also contains a discussion of the limitations of the analysis and suggestions for future research.
Provide the final “full-list” of references used for the entire paper. They should be in APA 6th Edition format. If you have a citation in the body of your work, you must provide the appropriate reference in the Reference section. Also if you have a reference in your Reference section, you must have a citation from that work somewhere in the body of your work. The citations and references must match up.
The complete body of the paper is between 14 and 30 pages with at least 10 peer reviewed references (work with your professor for flexibility). The body of the paper does not include the title page, table of contents, appendix or references. The paper will be based on a 26-point scale.
AT NO TIME ARE YOU AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT RESEARCH, IMPLEMENT SURVEYS OR CONDUCT INTERVIEWS RELATED TO THIS RESEARCH PROJECT. THIS IS A DESIGN PROJECT AND YOU WILL NOT ACTUALLY CARRY OUT THE RESEARCH AS PART OF THIS COURSE.
E-Portfolio (20 points) – Outcome 1 – July 6
This e-portfolio assessment is designed to be used as both a learning tool and as a professional portfolio that you can include in your resume or applications for jobs. Hopefully, you began developing your portfolio ideas during Week 3, even though it is not due until Week 8. In this assignment, you are asked to reflect on your learning in our class.
There are two distinct parts to this assignment. The first is your reflective ideas about your learning of the four-course goals. The second is the actual creation of the E-portfolio on the Google Site.
Go to: https://sites.google.com/site/resourcecentereportfolio/how-to-use-google-sites https://www.instructables.com/Eportfolio-With-Google-Sites/
(The Google template is highly recommended, but if you wish you can use another template or another site for your portfolio just be sure it offers the full capability as Google)
Look at some samples:
The four course outcomes for HRMN 302 are:
Apply appropriate communication media and methods to various situational needs in organizational settings.
Apply communication theories to organizational communication challenges.
Recognize and respond constructively to cultural differences in communication.
Analyze and assess the communication dynamics of an organization through the completion of a communication audit.
Once your portfolio site is created, follow the specific instructions blow:
Begin with an Introduction page, develop at least one page for each of the outcomes. Be sure to include an APA compliant reference page at the end, and remember that APA requires there to be citations for every reference listed on the reference list and a reference for every citations in the text.
You will have a minimum of not less than 5 full pages, but may need more.
On each outcome page:
Provide the specific course outcome you’ve selected.
Explain in in 1 or more pages and in your own words using 1 to 2 or more paragraphs how each outcome relates to what you have learned in class.
Post one artifact/example (either video, paper, chart, or any type of file you wish to use) for each outcome that demonstrates your mastery of each outcome. NOTE: the artifacts/examples do not have to be newly created. You can use work you’ve developed previously.
Explain, in detailed sentences and approx. 2-3 paragraphs how each artifact relates to each of the 4 course outcomes reflecting on how you can use this learning in your future life or career
To Submit Your E-Portfolio for Grading:
Copy and paste your E-Portfolio URL into a word document. Then post the word document to the assignment folder Communication Skills- E Portfolio and adding the attachments.
Note: all of the URL links were tested and worked. If, for some reason, you have problems opening any of them, first try to copy and paste the URL in a new window. If the problem continues please contact Tech Support.
Google’s Dilemma in China
Steve May. Case Studies in Organizational Communication : Ethical Perspectives and Practices. Vol. 2nd ed, SAGE Publications, Inc, 2013.
Please read the case study carefully.
Then write a position paper where, using critical thinking, you defend one of these positions:
a) Organizations should use one set of universal ethical principles no matter what country they are in.
b) Organizations should multiple ethical standards situated in the diverse legal, cultural, and social contexts of various countries.
Please use at least 3 references from the course content to support your responses. You may also use outside sources.
Identify two key elements of the catalog’s Academic Integrity (Links to an external site.) and Academic Dishonesty (Links to an external site.) sections and describe how you feel these elements are important to you as a scholar and professional.
Two elements of academic integrity
1 personal responsibility
2 original thought
2 falsifying data
• Explain how the online writing or graphic you chose uses information unethically. In your explanation, be sure to refer to the two key elements you identified in the previous step.
American News Published a false story claiming actor Denzel Washington endorsed Donald Trump for president. https://academicessays.xyz/environmental-science-homework-help/respond-to-the-followinghow-does-natural-and-social-capital-accounting-differ/ The fictional headline led to thousands of people sharing it on Facebook, a prominent example of fake news spreading on the social network prior to the 2016 presidential election
· Develop a strategy for how you, as a scholar, could avoid making the same ethical mistake?
Your initial post must be at least 350 words and address all of the prompt’s elements.
You must cite and reference any sources that you use in your posts, including your textbook or any other sources of information that you use. Please refer to the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) for help with citing and referencing your sourcesking this same ethical mistake
Topic: Perform a LOPA (Layers of Protection Analysis) of your local living area or work location. Remember to get permission from security.
Instructions: Please download the Assignment 7 Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) template (MS Word), which is already in APA 7 format, using size 12 Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins, TOC, Headings and Reference page. If you insert images or tables in your report make sure you label them appropriately according to APA. Once completed name your file: